Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hell In A Handbasket

Be careful what you ask for. Derek Kieper, a student at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, was an outspoken opponent of seat belt laws. He was killed earlier this month when he was thrown from the Ford Explorer he was riding in. The SUV slid off I-80 and rolled several times into a ditch. The driver and other passenger were wearing seat belts, and had minor injuries. Think of it as evolution in action.

When I worked as a Paramedic I must have seen literally thousands of car crashes (maybe 2 to 10 a week for 10 years. You do the math.) I'm a firm believer in seat belts and air bags. OTOH, I do resent government telling me that I must do something. Everyone should be able to go to hell in their own handbasket. YMMV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home